Wednesday, May 19, 2010
How Much is Too Much?
This is a question GM Kenny Williams should be asking himself in regard to the dismal start of the 2010 baseball season for the Chicago White Sox. There have been small glimmers of hope of course, but they are clearly forgotten and outweighed by the awful displays of "baseball" that Sox fans have seen this year. Mark Buehrle has been terrible since Opening Day, AJ has yet to wake up, Beckham has had far too many chances to redeem himself, and Gavin Floyd has apparently forgotten how to pitch. That is the short list of complaints. Moves need to be made soon or else I think we can soon consider this season a bust. Danks has been brilliant this year and is a mere 3-3 with an ERA hovering around 2.30. This team's fans and upper management should be very close to getting sick and tired of seeing blown chance after blown chance. I would ideally like to see the team dump Jenks and Ramirez at some point. Buehrle and Pierzynski have been mentioned in trade talks, but I think for the sake of clubhouse morale, these two guys should be kept around for the remainder of the season. Again, I keep reminding myself, it's only May, but obviously I won't be reminding my self in a few months when I say it's only August when the Sox's playoff chances dwindle even more. This Sox fan hasn't given up yet and I can only hope the front office and the players haven't either. But, the key words in that sentence are yet and hope. Not to wear out the use of cliches, but it's also a long season, which makes matters even worse sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment